If you enjoy leading and collaborating in a team environment and focus on obsessing over client success, then this position might be for you. Our Senior Project Managers exhibit leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication. Can you see yourself leading a project, working closely with our Project Engineers, Superintendents, VP of Operations, and clients? Do you have 8-10 years of construction experience? If the answer is yes, then apply!
Our Core Values:
At the end of the day, our niche is to build great buildings with great people.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership for multiple construction projects, providing leadership to drive the preconstruction phase of a project, developing new business opportunities, client management on key accounts, and mentoring teams. This position requires leadership, independent problem solving, management of project teams, and the development and implementation of project management processes and procedures in the Operations Department. The Sr. PM reports directly to the VP of Operations. The Sr. Project Manager will be required to travel to other parts of New England to meet customer needs.
The Sr. Project Manager responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following
1. Ensure compliance with all aspects of the NEC Way on specific projects to ensure that all jobs are utilizing best practices.
2. Ability to be an Account Manager by taking full responsibility for the success of particular accounts or clients here at NEC as well as fully understanding and following the Account Management section of the NEC way. Requires great communication skills, customer service abilities, relationship building, professional competency, and great problem solving.
3. Ability to lead, train, and mentor members of the Operations Department specifically Project Managers, and the entire project team as needed. In addition, the Senior PM will be a senior resource on specific projects and act as a “Project Executive” on select projects. This position will represent the best interest of New England Construction leadership on these projects and accounts. The Sr PM will be responsible for the overall success of these projects, including financially and customer satisfaction.
4. Provide leadership and support to the VP of Operations throughout the pre-construction phase of certain projects including, but not limited to schedule development, facilitating pre-construction meetings, sitevisits with the owner/client, managing the consultants and partnering with the Estimating Department to meet all specific deliverables for preconstruction and ensure flow through to construction. The Senior Project manager will also lead the development of GMP’s as necessary.
5. Provide Design Build leadership support to the VP of Operations. This will involve coordinating all design efforts as well as overall management to insure project is designed and built on schedule and within budget.
6. Responsible for the subcontracting process including buyout, negotiation, and scope review of all bid packages for projects the Sr. PM is managing or overseeing.
7. Responsible for managing multiple project teams to meet schedule and financial goals on construction projects.
8. Ability to take on a leadership role with process development and improvement in the Operations Department.
9. Review and manage financial aspect of the project including cost reporting, fee payment, change management process, income/expenses, etc.to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client. This will be a responsibility for both projects the Sr. PM is managing as well as the projects he/she is overseeing as a senior leader.
10. Be responsible for the purchasing process on projects he/she is managing and provide support to the PM team as needed. Negotiate and prepare vendor and subcontractor purchase orders and evaluate submittals to reflect contract drawing and specifications.
11. Leads overall project closeout process using best practice standards, tools and processes to closeout project in a timely manner.
12. Ability to identify and achieve customer goals, expectations and satisfaction and act with a high sense of urgency in meeting customer needs and demonstrating value.
13. Required to travel to other parts of New England to supervise project progress minimum two days per week, but home office based in Rumford, RI.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive benefits, 401k program, flexibility and much more!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
New England Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.