Associate Project Manager
Do you have a degree in construction management or civil engineering? Have you been in the construction field for a few years? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then this position might be for you! Organizational skills and strong communication are key to the success of this role. If you apply, get ready to join a fast-paced team oriented working environment!
Let Us Introduce Ourselves
Our Core Values:
- Embrace the family
- Do what you say
- Do the right thing
- Be a “can-do” team player
- Obsess over client success
At the end of the day, our niche is to build great buildings with great people.
What You’ll Get Out of This Opportunity
The Associate Project Manager is responsible for providing overall management direction for one or more construction projects of limited scope or limited risk. This position requires independent problem solving, leadership, decision making, management of project teams, and the implementation of project management procedures to direct the flow of the project. The APM reports directly to the VP of Operations. The Associate Project Manager will be required to travel to other parts of New England to meet customer needs.
What You’ll Do
APM responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate weekly onsite meetings including Subcontractor coordination meetings, owner/architect meetings, and internal team meetings.
- Facilitate pre-construction meetings and site visits with the owner/client to discuss and meet project requirements to establish project work plan and deadlines.
- Responsible for taking or overseeing clear and concise meeting minutes during all weekly operations meetings, Subcontractor coordination meetings and Owner/Architect meetings. Distribute the meeting minutes within 48 hours after the meeting.
- Required to manage and collaborate with Project Engineer I’s, Superintendents, and/or Interns for specific projects.
- Compile and print all reports required for the meeting packets to be distributed at the Owner/Architect meetings. Distribute the meeting packets at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
- Effectively manage the submittal process. Obtain and review submittal documentation for all projects within 48 hours of receipt.
- Distribute submittals to project team, Subcontractor(s) and Owner/Architect upon review.
- Develop submittal log and material status report using drawings, contract documents and specifications prior to first Owner/Architect meeting for all projects.
- Ensure Contract Document Logs are established and maintained.
- Ensure team members and Subcontractor(s) have all current construction documentation.
- Responsible for collecting all missing documentation from the Subcontract Document Tracking Report that is distributed on a weekly basis.
- Lead project start up and jobsite initial set up. Including but not limited to collecting all project documentation from the Estimating Department.
- Establish and maintain the project quality files and documentation systems to NEC standards.
- Effectively manage Subcontractors and National Account communication and relations to establish relationship and enhance Subcontractor performance.
- Continually promote organizational change initiatives, suggests new ideas, and adapt to work within new teams, structures and processes.
- Review and manage financial aspect of contracts including cost reporting, billings/payments, change orders, income/expenses, etc.
- Prepare and analyze change management reports, estimates and other cost report supporting documentation in preparation for monthly cost report meeting in coordination with the Finance Department.
- Responsible for the overall management, timely, and successful execution of Owner and internal change order processes
- Ability to buyout, negotiate bid packages, and create Purchase Orders and/or Contracts for subcontractors.
- Must be able to write effective scopes of work for bid packages
- Ability to identify and achieve customer goals, expectations and satisfaction.
- Act with a sense of urgency in meeting customer needs and demonstrating value.
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, resource plans, and status reports including developing and implementing complete project schedules to ensure required dates are met.
- Required to travel to other parts of New England to supervise project progress minimum two days per week, but home office based in Rumford, RI.
- Meet bi weekly with VP of Operations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Prior experience in pre-construction planning, commercial construction, and estimating.
- Ability to manage team of employees and multiple projects.
- Advanced understanding of construction methods and installation sequencing.
- Proven record of meeting organizational and personal goals while delivering results to a standard of excellence.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Timberline.
- Advanced level of MEP Knowledge.
What You’re Bringing to the Table
- BS OR MS degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field.
- 4 or more years with CM/General Contractor Organization or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EEO Statement: New England Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.