Are you a recent grad with a degree in construction management or civil engineering? Have you been in the construction field for a few years? Looking to change careers into construction? If the answer is yes to any of these questions, then this position might be for you! Organizational skills and strong communication are key to the success of this role. If you apply, get ready to join a fast-paced team oriented working environment!
Let Us Introduce Ourselves
Our Core Values:
- Embrace the family
- Do what you say
- Do the right thing
- Be a “can-do” team player
- Obsess over client success
At the end of the day, our niche is to build great buildings with great people.
What You’ll Get Out of This Opportunity
The Project Engineer assists and supports the Project Manager and Superintendent on assigned projects. The position will require independent problem solving, decision making and the implementation of standard engineering procedures to direct the flow of the project. The Project Engineer will provide input to Project Manager regarding project planning and scheduling of project components and milestones.
What You’ll Do
The essential duties and responsibilities for the Project Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Required to attend weekly onsite meetings including subcontractor coordination meeting, owner/architect meeting, and provide follow up meeting minutes packages to the Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Must have knowledge of RFI tracking including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining the RFI log and submittal log
- Change Order Management
- Compile Change Orders
- Issue Sub Amendments
- Maintain Change Logs
- Assist the Project Manager in pre-construction meetings and site visits with the owner/client to discuss and meet project requirements in order to establish project work plan and deadlines.
- Responsible for assisting the Project Manager with the closeout process including, but not limited to develop and maintain the closeout log, complete operation and maintenance manuals, and maintain punchlists.
- Assist the Project Manager with client interface and subcontractor agreements.
- Job based in Rumford, RI, but will require some travel to other New England states based on project demand.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Timberline and Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Customer relationship focus
- Flexible and adaptable team-player
What You’re Bringing to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Up to 4 years’ experience in construction or similar experience.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EEO Statement: New England Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.